February 22, 2017

Indoor Air Quality

The air you breathe in your own home can be making you sick. Sometimes mold is easy to detect with a distinct musty smell. When mold spores are present in the air, you may notice sneezing, irritation of your eyes and throat, fatigue, or even slight fever-like symptoms. Depending on what time of year, you may assume a cold or allergy to pollen is what’s plaguing you. The place to start looking is in the air right inside your home.

While it’s true that seasonal allergies to pollen and even mold outside your home will cause discomfort, you should be able to recover by going indoors. Chronic toxicity from mold occurs when the air that you breathe most of the time continually doses you with airborne mold spores, which can be up to 100 times more concentrated than airborne mold outdoors.

Our procedure for testing and cleaning the air in your home is thorough and complete. It includes:

  • Visual inspection
  • Electronic mold testing equipment
  • Laboratory testing
  • Remediation of mold source
  • Biocide agent
  • Follow-up testing as needed

Mold problems are not just for older homes. New homes built in New Hampshire today are airtight and energy-efficient, which can trap moisture and not allow fresh air in. If you have forced hot air heat or central air conditioning in your home, it is a good idea to have us clean and treat your air ducts as well. These HVAC systems can recirculation allergens, dust mites, and mold spores throughout the house.

Here’s more about our air duct cleaning service.